Before we continue, answer these questions:
- Are you generating good quality leads for your sales team to act on?
- Are you staying focused on your sales goals and company vision?
- Do your sales and marketing teams meet regularly to discuss strategy?
- Does everyone agree on what differentiates you from the competition?
If you answered "Yes" to all four questions, your sales and marketing teams are already in harmony. Feel free to celebrate by watching some cute cat videos on YouTube!
But if you answered "No" to one or more of them, you may want to take a closer look at how your sales and marketing teams are interacting. It might be time to come up with a plan for helping them sing the same tune.
Achieve Sales And Marketing Harmony
We work with many companies that are struggling to find ways of getting their sales and marketing teams to work together. Some of the best practices that we outline in our business practices, include:
- Make sure you’re attracting the leads your sales team wants.
- Align new marketing ideas with established sales goals.
- Establish a regular meeting between sales and marketing teams.
- Clearly define and communicate what makes you different from your competitors.
Remember, your marketing and sales teams should have the same objective: attract the right customers to use your products and purchase your services. Both teams must communicate with each other to address problems on either end. From your sales team’s perspective, making the sale should be easy if your marketing team accurately represents your company and attracts the right types of clients, while maintaining a competitive edge in the market.