Need to improve your sales numbers? If you’re looking for ways to get more leads, you could be wasting your time. Too many sales teams are relying on outdated and inefficient methods to win sales, and finding more leads might be the last thing you need to do.
If you want to get the most out of your sales team, do it smart. Here are 11 sales enablement statistics—and takeaways—to help you crank your sales up to 11!
Sales Enablement Stats You Need to Know
1) 50% of sales time is wasted on unproductive prospecting. [Source: The B2B Lead]
Are you prospecting your own leads or using cold-call lists? Instead, focus your time on warm leads generated by your marketing team. Make sure you’ve got alignment with Marketing on what a qualified lead looks like.
2) Only 44% of companies are using any kind of lead scoring system. [Source: Decision Tree]
Sometimes it can be hard to tell which leads are most important. Use a reliable Lead Scoring system like HubSpot’s to help you identify the warmest leads that are closest to buying. Generate a report every morning to review the activity and news leads.
3) In a typical firm with 100-500 employees, an average of 7 people are involved in most buying decisions. [Source: Brevet]
It’s rare that you’ll be addressing just one person’s questions and concerns, even if you’re working with a small company—so you’ll need to understand all of the personas involved in the buying process. Do you know if you’re speaking to the decision maker or a stakeholder? HubSpot marketing automation identifies the lead’s persona and role. Using HubSpot Sequences also lets you send content that’s matched to the buyer and where they are at in the buyer's journey.
4) 95% of buyers choose a solution provider that “Provided them with ample content to help navigate through each stage of the buying process.” [Source: DemandGen Report]
It’s critical that you understand what is motivating your lead and how to address pains and questions throughout the buyer’s journey. Monitor the HubSpot CRM, which shows your prospects’ recent activity so you can know exactly where they are at every point along the buying process. HubSpot Sequences helps automate the content to the prospect during the buyer's journey. Sequences sends the email directly from your email (not HubSpot). The sequence ends when the prospect opens an email.
5) An average buyer gets 100+ emails a day, opens just 23%, and clicks on just 2% of them. [Source: Tellwise]
Are your emails getting lost in the abyss? Seventh Sense is a terrific tool that delivers your sales and marketing emails to your recipients at the ideal time—when they’re in front of their email. And it integrates with HubSpot for tracking metrics!
6) Personalized emails that include the recipient’s first name in the subject line have higher open rates. [Source: Retention Science]
Are your emails getting opened? The HubSpot Sales tool is like a radar that lets you see who opened your email and when, as well as which links they clicked on. Using email templates in the HubSpot Sales tool lets the sales and marketing team see metrics on which emails or documents are getting the best performance.
7) 44% of salespeople give up after one follow-up, yet 80% of sales require 5 follow-up phone calls after the meeting. [Sources: Scripted and The Marketing Donut]
You’re not interested in wasting time on prospects that aren’t going to buy. But quitting on them too soon means you’re missing out on sales. Solution: use Sequences in the HubSpot CRM to auto enroll a prospect for follow-up emails. The emails automatically stop when the lead clicks on an email.
8) 65% of sales reps say they can’t find content to send to prospects—the most common complaint of sales teams. [Source: Kapost]
Tired of searching for a previously used email or document for follow-up? Speed up the process by creating templates and documents in the HubSpot Sales tool.
9) If you follow up with web leads within 5 minutes, you’re 9 times more likely to convert them. [Source: InsideSales.com]
You need to know each time a contact returns to your site so that you can respond in a timely manner. HubSpot notifications can trigger an email to your inbox or mobile device to keep you in the know of when a prospect returns to you or raises their hand for help.
10) 71% of sales reps say they spend too much time on data entry. [Source: Toutapp]
You’re not a data entry operator. Use HubSpot Marketing and CRM to collect and pass contact data so you don’t have to. Use HubSpot Sales Pro to pull in contact details. Save even more time by using it on the go: download the mobile app to have access to all your sales data. You can even record your phone calls—eliminating the time to type notes after your calls.
11) The average salesperson makes 8 calls per hour and prospects for 6.25 hours to set just 1 appointment. [Source: Ovation Sales Group]
Are you wasting time researching leads or prospects? Use the appointment feature in the HubSpot Sales tool. It saves time from calling or emailing back and forth to set appointments, and the Prospects feature lets you cull your leads as you need to.
BONUS! Businesses that use marketing automation to nurture prospects experience a 451% increase in qualified leads [Source: ANNUITAS Group]. Imagine how much more success you could see by implementing the HubSpot CRM and Sales tools. You could crank your selling up to 11!
- Discover more great sales enablement content
- Discover how to successfully do sales enablement—claim a spot at our next sales webinar
- Get a personalized consult to optimize your sales